The Safe Moving and Handling training course provides support for all working professionals who manually handle objects, sit at a keyboard or stand in tiring positions.
Length of Course: 3 hours
Length of qualification: 3 Years
Recommended annual refresher advised
Who should attend?
This course is for all employees within a business. We recommend all employers consider this training as part of each employee’s induction.
What will you learn?
This course will cover:
- Introduction to Manual Handling
- Manual Handling and the Law
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Mechanics of Movement
- Types of Manual Handling Injuries
- Risk Assessment
- Control Measures for Reducing the Risk of Harm
- Principles of Safer Handling
- Manual Handling Equipment
Attendees will be observed and will need to be deemed confident and competent in all practical elements, skills and knowledge.
Candidates need a good understanding of English. Candidates must be physically able to demonstrate the practical skills required to complete the assessment.
Successful candidates receive a SAH Training certificate, valid for three years.